Create your own spa getaway with these easy-to-make DIY shower bombs! The next time you need a bit of rejuvenation, toss a shower bomb in the bottom of your shower and enjoy the wonderful scent or create a collection of these homemade shower bombs as a gift for someone you love.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid (available at health food stores or online)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 30+ drops of your favorite aromatic essential oil (see our suggestions below)
Mix together the baking soda and citric acid in a medium-size bowl. In a separate small bowl or bottle, mix together water and essential oil. Slowly add the oil-water mixture a few drops at a time into your dry ingredients, stirring well after each addition (a stand mixer works well for this). When ingredients are thoroughly mixed, tightly pack into 2-inch balls using your hands, a stainless steel cake pop mold, or a cookie scoop. Set on a plate to dry. If necessary, pack the balls again more tightly. Allow to dry for 12+ hours before using.
To use, simply place a bomb near your feet under warm running water and enjoy the aromatic experience!
Suggested essential oil additions:
- Morning Fresh Shower Bombs: Add 30 drops of Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil to a batch for an invigorating and fresh aromatic experience.
- Orchard Stroll Shower Bombs: For a sweet, refreshing aromatic journey, add 30 drops of Citrus Fresh™ Oil to a batch.
- Day’s End Shower Bombs: Add 30 drops of Lavender Essential Oil to a batch to enjoy a relaxing aromatic addition to your shower time.
Would you like to experience the full package of a Spa Day? Then follow us in this journey of a 6 steps to a DIY spa day and learn how to make these amazing DIY geode bath bombs.
Which Young Living essential oils will you add to your shower bombs? Let us know in the comments!