Roasted Salmon and Kale Salad
Jump to recipe
With the warmer months approaching, there is nothing like a fresh, light, yet hearty roasted salmon and kale salad. This makes the perfect salad for a healthy and delicious lunch, brunch, or to even to share over the weekend with friends and family.
Lemon essential oil can add a bright, dynamic flavour to many dishes. Its versatility in sweet and savoury recipes is what makes this fruit a popular item in kitchens around the world. Lemon essential oil has a bright taste you’ll want to keep on hand for almost anything you whip up. Instead of zesting or juicing, use Lemon essential oil for a convenient way to use this great flavour. Start small with a single drop of oil.
TIP You can use cos lettuce, rocket and/or a salad mix for this recipe with the kale or in place of it if you wish to.
NOTE You can also use any sturdy white fish like halibut, cod or even prawns in this recipe. For a vegetarian option, try baking sliced pieces of tofu in place of the fish, or veggies such as sweet potato, potatoes, capsicum and zucchini.
- For the Fish
- 3 tbsp olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 4 drops lemon essential oil (to taste)
- 4 pieces of salmon (skin and bones removed)
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- For the Creamy Lemon Garlic Dressing
- ¾ cup mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 tsp maple syrup or honey (optional, to taste)
- 1 tsp sea salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- 2 – 3 drops Lemon essential oil (to taste)
- For Kale Salad
- 1 bunch kale finely chopped/shredded (washed very well and patted dried)
- Pine nuts and/or chopped macadamia nuts (toasted or raw)
- Parsley and/or coriander leaves (optional)
- Lemon and/or lime wedges (optional, for serving)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1. To roast/bake the fish: Preheat oven to 180C and line a baking dish or tray with baking paper (for easy clean up).
- 2. Mix the olive oil or melted coconut oil with the lemon essential oil.
- 3. Place the fish in the baking dish and pour over the olive oil and lemon essential oil mixture. Turn the fish over in the oil to coat and then generously sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast/bake for approx. 20 minutes until cooked through and flaky to the touch. Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of your fish.
- While the fish is baking, you can make the dressing, prep the salad ingredients and cut lemon wedges for serving.
- 4. To make the dressing: Place all the dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until creamy. You can also use a jar or bowl and stir until well combined. Taste and add a little more sea salt, pepper and/or lemon oil and blend again. If the dressing is a little too thick, add a little water and stir again. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 5. A few minutes before serving, place the salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour over some of the dressing. Gently mix making sure the kale is well coated, taste and add a little sea salt and pepper if desired and mix again.
- 6. To plate the salad and fish: You can serve the salad in a nice-looking bowl and the fish separately on a platter or serve together on a large serving platter and cover the platter with the salad. Then place the salmon pieces on top of the salad, drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with pine nuts and chopped parsley. Place a few lemon wedges around the sides of the platter or lemon slices on top of the fish.
© 2023 COPYRIGHT (C) 2018 - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - YOUNG LIVING
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!