These fudgy peppermint brownies may look and taste like the brownies you love, but they’re free of the things that your waistline doesn’t. We’ve taken out the flour, butter, and refined sugar and replaced them with healthier ingredients such as coconut oil, honey, Peppermint essential oil and black beans. Yes—we said black beans! They may seem like a strange addition to a sweet recipe, but black beans provide a soft, gooey, fudgy texture and have almost no taste—allowing the bold flavours of the cocoa powder and Peppermint essential oil to shine through. But don’t take our word for it, give this flourless peppermint brownie recipe a try! Your taste buds and waistline will thank you.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 420 grams can low-sodium black beans
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 2 drops Peppermint essential oil
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Rinse and drain black beans.
- Melt coconut oil on stove until clear.
- Blend all ingredients except eggs in food processor until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk eggs until well beaten.
- Fold into chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased 20cm x 20cm pan and bake for 25–30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Let cool for another 15 minutes and then serve.