Let’s be honest: You shouldn’t have to entertain your children 24/7. But sometimes it helps to throw an activity their way if only to avoid the dreaded chorus of “I’m boooooored.” We know the struggle of coming up with ideas on the spot, so we’ve got you covered with snacks, word searches and coloring pages for children of all ages. The next time you’re stuck inside, use this list of rainy-day activities to keep your little ones engaged and entertained.
But don’t let the title fool you — these activities aren’t just for wet weather. They’re also great for other occasions, like keeping the kids busy.
Simple coloring pages
Encourage your mini Michelangelo’s creativity with our Young Living coloring pages! These designs are ideal for children ages two to six. For more-difficult designs, check out the advanced coloring sheets in the next section.
Advanced coloring pages
These coloring pages are perfect for aspiring artists ages seven and up. You may even want to print one out for yourself—coloring can be a calming distraction after a stressful day.
Your older kids will enjoy testing their vocabulary and spelling skills with this Young Living word search.
Does keeping up with your children’s constant cravings feel like trying to fill a bottomless cup? We hear you! These healthy and simple snack ideas only require a few minutes of prep time and will keep your kids from yelling, “I’m hungry!” every five minutes.
YL tip: Prepare these snacks ahead of time and store in the fridge or freezer for your kids to grab and graze throughout the day.
Kid-friendly charcuterie board
- Sliced cheese
- Sliced meat
- Apple slices
- Mandarin oranges
- Baby carrots
- Dipping sauce of your choice
- 1 apple
- Nut butter of choice
- Chocolate chips
- Dried coconut flakes
1. Slice your apple horizontally into thin rings that resemble the shape of a cookie. Cut out the core.
2. Spread nut butter onto apple slices and top with chocolate chips and coconut flakes. For added sweetness, drizzle with a little honey.
- 1 cup Ningxia Red
- ¼ cup distilled water or coconut milk
- 10 drops Orange Vitality essential oil
- ½ cup sliced organic berries
- 4 popsicle molds
- 4 popsicle sticks
1. Combine NingXia Red, water, and essential oil.
2. Cut slices of fruit and place into molds. Pour NingXia Red mixture into molds, covering fruit.
3. Add popsicle sticks. Put molds in freezer for 6–8 hours.
This post is also available in: Chinese (Traditional)