Palo santo (Bursera graveolens) comes from the same botanical family (Burseraceae) as frankincense, although it is found in South America rather than the Middle East. Like frankincense, palo santo is known as a spiritual oil, traditionally used by the Incas to purify and cleanse the spirit from negative energies. Even its Spanish name reflects how highly this oil is regarded: Palo santo means "holy wood" or "sacred wood." Palo Santo has an inspiring fragrance and can be diffused for a cleansing and refreshing atmosphere. It can also be used for massage after activity.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
These products are only available to purchase by Young Living members. To become a Young Living member click on the "Become a Member" link at the top of this page.
* All prices shown include VAT. Shipping charges not included.
For 25 years our Seed to Seal® quality commitment has been both a promise to you and a reflection of our sense of global stewardship and accountability. We believe you want only the best for your family and yourself—products that are genuine, free from harmful synthetics, and of unmatched purity. Our proprietary Seed to Seal promise is our pledge to you, the earth, and ourselves that Young Living products will be the best available, now and always.
Seed to Seal and its three pillars—Sourcing, Science, and Standards—are infused into every aspect of our exacting essential oil production processes, both on our own farms and our carefully curated family of partner farms. Seed to Seal is infused into our painstaking quality testing and retesting to ensure that your family enjoys the purest essential oil products on the planet. Ultimately, Seed to Seal is infused into everything we do. We know that for us—and for you—simply nothing else will do.
- Creates a grounding, calming environment when used aromatically
- Evokes positive influences with its inspiring aroma
- Can be paired with massage for its warm, refreshing scent
- Can be used to enjoy the outdoors annoyance free
- Rub 1 drop of Palo Santo plus 1 drop of carrier oil between your palms for an inspiring scent as you work on your goals.
- Before your yoga practice, apply a few drops of Palo Santo onto your mat for a grounding and calming aroma.
- Tell fatigued muscles “knot today.” Blend Palo Santo with V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex for an uplifting post-workout massage.
- Diffuse Palo Santo with Frankincense or Myrrh while you take a moment to sit quietly and reflect.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Get to Know
Palo Santo essential oil is steam distilled from sustainably wildcrafted wood that has fallen naturally from trees and been allowed to dry for a period of months to years. The palo santo forest at Young Living's Finca Botanica Farm and Distillery in Ecuador is a fascinating place to visit to witness the newly planted trees and the old trees with dead bark lying ready to be collected and distilled.
Palo Santo essential oil comes from distilling old, dead wood that dies a natural death. There are many large fallen trees in the palo santo forest that are connected by one root and, therefore, are still alive.