Lemon (Citrus limon) has a strong, clean, purifying citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting. It consists of 68 percent d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant. It is delightfully refreshing in water and may be beneficial for the skin. Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of lemons. Lemon has an approximate ORAC of 6,619 (TE/L). TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter.
Caution: Citrus oils should not be applied to skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
These products are only available to purchase by Young Living members. To become a Young Living member click on the "Become a Member" link at the top of this page.
* All prices shown include VAT. Shipping charges not included.
For 25 years our Seed to Seal® quality commitment has been both a promise to you and a reflection of our sense of global stewardship and accountability. We believe you want only the best for your family and yourself—products that are genuine, free from harmful synthetics, and of unmatched purity. Our proprietary Seed to Seal promise is our pledge to you, the earth, and ourselves that Young Living products will be the best available, now and always.
Seed to Seal and its three pillars—Sourcing, Science, and Standards—are infused into every aspect of our exacting essential oil production processes, both on our own farms and our carefully curated family of partner farms. Seed to Seal is infused into our painstaking quality testing and retesting to ensure that your family enjoys the purest essential oil products on the planet. Ultimately, Seed to Seal is infused into everything we do. We know that for us—and for you—simply nothing else will do.
- Keep Lemon on hand for its clean, energizing, and invigorating aroma.
- Diffuse it to create a more focused environment.
- Use its aroma to create an uplifting atmosphere.
- Add Lemon to skin care products to help reduce the appearance of aging.
- Use it to help remove adhesives.
- Make Lemon a part of your nighttime beauty routine by mixing 1–2 drops with your favorite beauty products. It will reduce the appearance of aging for a youthful complexion.
- Diffuse Lemon when the atmosphere is melancholy for a boost of cheer.
- Diffuse it at work or school for a bright aroma that creates a sense of focus and motivation.
- Fill the kitchen with a dose of Lemon’s familiar lemon-drop aroma to take clean to a whole new level.
- Banish everyday odors in your living room or family room by combining Lemon with other purifying scents such as Pine, Grapefruit, or Peppermint.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Get to Know
- A. Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from lemon rinds.
- A. The occasional cloudiness in Lemon essential oil is from finely suspended natural waxes resulting from the lemon peel rinds and the cold pressing process.
- A. Melissa essential oil is steam distilled from the lemon balm plant and has a crisp, grassy lemon aroma. Lemon essential oil is cold pressed from lemon rinds and has a classic lemon drop scent. Additionally, each essential oil is made up of a unique combination of constituents. The main constituents of Lemon essential oil are citral, limonene, and linalool. The main constituents of Melissa essential oil are citral, citronellal trace, linalool trace, 6-methyl-5-hepten-2-one, 2,3 dihydro-1,8-cineole, and myrcene.
- A. No, Lemon essential oil is not acidic.
- A. The amount of oil that can be extracted from each lemon varies, but it usually takes between 50–100 lemons to make 15 ml of oil.
- A. Like all of Young Living’s 100 percent pure essential oils, oxidation in Lemon essential oil is greatly reduced and the oil will retain its beneficial properties and efficacy when it is stored properly: tightly sealed and upright in a dark glass bottle in a cool area free from UV rays.
- A. Yes, Lemon essential oil contains linalool.