- Distinct from our Geranium essential oil from Egypt, with a beautifully complex, fresh, green floral aroma with delicate rosy undertones
- Blends well with many other essential oils, including Orange, Vanilla and Peppermint
- Has a lush, floral scent profile that makes a great addition to any do-it-yourself perfume or bath and body recipe
- Can be applied to hair to promote shine and add a be autiful, floral aroma
- Citronellol, Citronellyl formate, Geraniol, Isomenthone
- Diffuse Geranium Bourbon to fill your space with its fresh, uplifting aroma reminiscent of a greenhouse in full bloom.
- Apply topically and wear it as a natural perfume, alone or in c ombination with other essential oils.
- Add a few drops to BLOOM by Young Living or ART® skin care products as part of your daily routine to promote a natural glow.
- Combine it with Citronella essential oil and water or alcohol-free witch hazel to make a pleasant-smelling outdoor spray.
- Apply or diffuse it during pr ayer, meditation or yoga for an aromatic element that enhances your practice and helps create an
Topical: Apply 2−4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Get to Know
The unique growing conditions in Madagascar result in an essential oil that has a distinct aromatic constituent profile and therefore a different aroma from Geranium essential oil from Egypt. Aromatically, Geranium Bourbon is sweeter and more complex than Egyptian Geranium, with rosy undertones that draw comparisons to Rose essential oil..
Frequently Asked Questions
Geranium Bourbon comes from plants grown and distilled in Madagascar in the Southern Indian Ocean. The unique growing conditions in this region result in an essential oil that has a distinct aromatic constituent profile and therefore a different aroma from Geranium essential oil from Egypt. Aromatically, Geranium Bourbon is sweeter and more complex than Egyptian Geranium, with rosy undertones that draw comparisons to Rose essential oil.
Geranium Bourbon essential oil is labeled for topical and aromatic use and is not intended for internal consumption. Be sure to always follow individual label instructions for Young Living products.
Yes, Geranium Bourbon essential oil has a fresh, green rosy-floral aroma, making it a great addition to your favourite diffuser blends. Enjoy Geranium Bourbon on its own for its aroma reminiscent of a greenhouse in full bloom or pair with citrus, floral, and woodsy essential oils such as Bergamot, Lavender, or Northern Lights Black Spruce for a customised aromatic experience.
No, Geranium Bourbon essential oil does not require dilution.
No, Geranium Bourbon essential oil is not known to cause photosensitivity.
Yes, this is a permanent essential oil single.
Yes, Geranium Bourbon will be available in select international markets.
Geranium Bourbon is named after Réunion Island’s former name, “île Bourbon.” Located in the Southern Indian Ocean off the coast of Madagascar, Réunion Island has been recognized by the world’s perfume houses as the source of the finest Geranium essential oil for more than a century. Today, Geranium Bourbon is also commonly cultivated on the nearby island of Madagascar. Young Living Geranium Bourbon essential oil is distilled from plants grown and harvested in Madagascar.