Melissa essential oil comes from the melissa plant, also known as lemon balm and is part of the Lamiaceae (mint) family. The name “lemon balm” comes from the Greek word for “balsamon,” meaning a sweet-smelling oil. Young Living Melissa oil comes from our St. Maries farm in Idaho, where the oil is steam distilled from aerial parts of the plant before it flowers.
Melissa essential oil has a grassy, lemony scent that creates a pleasant, calming atmosphere, and you can find it in Young Living blends such as Humility™, Forgiveness™, and Hope™. Additionally, Melissa is commonly found in cosmetics and personal care products because of its skin-beneficial properties.
This aromatic member of the mint family has a bright, sweet, citrusy taste that brings together the acidity of lemon with subtle hints of mint. Melissa essential oil can add a dynamic flavour to many dishes including iced tea, fruit or vegetable salads, vinaigrettes, soups and seafood dishes.
Because of its popularity, quantities are limited to one bottle per account per month.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
These products are only available to purchase by Young Living members. To become a Young Living member click on the "Become a Member" link at the top of this page.
* All prices shown include GST. Shipping charges not included.
For 25 years our Seed to Seal® quality commitment has been both a promise to you and a reflection of our sense of global stewardship and accountability. We believe you want only the best for your family and yourself—products that are genuine, free from harmful synthetics, and of unmatched purity. Our proprietary Seed to Seal promise is our pledge to you, the earth, and ourselves that Young Living products will be the best available, now and always.
Seed to Seal and its three pillars—Sourcing, Science, and Standards—are infused into every aspect of our exacting essential oil production processes, both on our own farms and our carefully curated family of partner farms. Seed to Seal is infused into our painstaking quality testing and retesting to ensure that your family enjoys the purest essential oil products on the planet. Ultimately, Seed to Seal is infused into everything we do. We know that for us—and for you—simply nothing else will do.
How to Use
Topical: Apply 2-4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for sensitive skin.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Culinary: Add to food or drink recipes to create another layer of flavour.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
Storage: Keep in a cool, dark place.
- Add a couple of drops to your favourite body lotion and apply to skin in the evening for added moisture and a calming aroma.
- Diffuse in the evening or during quiet times of the day to create a soothing, comforting atmosphere.
- Add a few drops to your nightly skincare routine to support healthy-looking skin.
- Given its sweet, citrusy flavour, Melissa essential oil is commonly used in desserts like lemon tea cookies and lemon poppyseed loaf.
- Make a delicious tea by infusing syrup with Melissa and adding to your next batch of iced tea.
- Try adding 1 – 2 drops of Melissa to fruit or vegetable salads.
- Add Melissa to a lemony dressing made with olive oil and vinegar.
- Garnish seafood dishes with the bright, citrusy taste of Melissa.
- Melissa can also act as a substitute for lemon peel in dishes like sauces and soups.
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil