Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil has a scent that’s a wonderful blend of fresh, floral, clean, and calm. It’s this dynamic aroma that has made the plant a classic for perfumes, soaps, fresheners, and beauty products. As one of our most popular products, Lavender is a great beginner oil and a must for every home. Lavender essential oil isn’t just a favourite because of its classic scent—it’s also highly versatile. From skin care products to relaxing routines, this oil can infuse and enhance many areas of your life. The many plant constituents in Lavender essential oil contribute to a vast range of usages and the oil can be applied to the skin undiluted.
Young Living Lavender essential oil can be used to create elegant dishes that will impress your family and friends. The herb has a sweet, slightly floral flavour that pairs well with both rich and light foods. Use Lavender essential oil to conveniently add this delightful flavour to your meals.
Although more popular with sweeter recipes, the benefits of Lavender essential oil extend to savoury dishes as well. In fact, lavender is sometimes included in the famous Herbes de Provence along with spices such as marjoram, thyme, oregano, and rosemary. Put a new spin on a classic meal and pair it with chicken, lamb or even potatoes.
Just a hint can enhance the flavour of your entire recipe. To avoid overwhelming your food, start small. Try dipping a toothpick in your oil and then swirling the toothpick in your food preparations.
For Lavender Wellness Essential Oil (TGA-listed) therapeutic claims click here.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
These products are only available to purchase by Young Living members. To become a Young Living member click on the "Become a Member" link at the top of this page.
* All prices shown include GST. Shipping charges not included.
For 25 years our Seed to Seal® quality commitment has been both a promise to you and a reflection of our sense of global stewardship and accountability. We believe you want only the best for your family and yourself—products that are genuine, free from harmful synthetics, and of unmatched purity. Our proprietary Seed to Seal promise is our pledge to you, the earth, and ourselves that Young Living products will be the best available, now and always.
Seed to Seal and its three pillars—Sourcing, Science, and Standards—are infused into every aspect of our exacting essential oil production processes, both on our own farms and our carefully curated family of partner farms. Seed to Seal is infused into our painstaking quality testing and retesting to ensure that your family enjoys the purest essential oil products on the planet. Ultimately, Seed to Seal is infused into everything we do. We know that for us—and for you—simply nothing else will do.
- Promotes feelings of calm and helps soothe and balance the mind and body
- Cleanses and soothes the skin
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes
- Supports aging skin
- Linalyl acetate
- Add a few drops to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products for a classic aroma and more youthful complexion.
- Add 10 drops of Lavender and 1 cup of Epsom salt to a bath to create a relaxing environment.
- Unwind in the evening with a calming, Lavender-infused neck or back massage.
- Use Lavender as part of a bedtime routine by rubbing it on the bottoms of your feet or diffusing it next to your bed.
- Create a DIY room freshener with Lavender or diffuse it to help banish stale odours.
- Use Lavender essential oil to remove sticky residue and permanent marker stains from solid surfaces.
- Add 5-10 drops of Lavender essential oil to a small, slightly damp washcloth. Place it in the dryer while drying towels for a clean, fresh aroma.
- Diffuse Lavender in your bathroom to make your bathroom smell fresh.
- Put 3-5 drops of Lavender oil in each of your shoes to keep them smelling fresh. If your shoes have plastic or leather soles, put the oil onto a cotton ball and leave it overnight.
- Keep your carpet or rug smelling fresh with Lavender essential oil added to baking soda. Sprinkle the mixture into the carpet, let it sit for at least 15 minutes, and then vacuum it up.
- Add to food and drink recipes for a beautiful floral taste.
- Put a new spin on a classic meal and pair it with chicken, lamb or even potatoes.
- Make homemade fruit jams infused with Lavender essential oil. Try mixing it with blueberry, apricot, raspberry, or peach jams and jellies.
- Combine Lavender’s earthy, low notes with bright citrus flavours. Experiment with lavender-lemonade or a citrus sorbet.
- Complement dairy with Lavender essential oil in shortbread, pound cake, ice cream, meringue, or whipped cream recipes.
- Balance Lavender in savoury dishes with herbs such as thyme, rosemary, and oregano.
- Fill your bedroom with Lavender’s calming aroma in the evening for a soothing space conducive to sleep.
- Infuse the nursery with the gentle floral scent during naptime for a welcoming and restful environment that sets your little one up for sweet dreams.
- Unwind with a spa-like setting anywhere by combining Lavender with other luxurious scents such as Eucalyptus, Bergamot, or Cedarwood.
- Add to a bath or diffuse to create a calming and comforting atmosphere.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Culinary: Add to food or drink recipes to create another layer of flavour.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
- 5 drops Lavender
- 4 drops Cedarwood
- 1 drop Vetiver
- 3 drops Wintergreen
- 3 drops Geranium
- 3 drops Lavender
- 3 drops Frankincense
- 4 drops Vetiver
- 4 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Frankincense
Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
Get to Know
Historically, Greeks used lavender aromatically by burning it. The ancient Romans used it in their baths for washing and valued it so highly that one pound of lavender flowers were sold for the equivalent of a month’s wages for a farm labourer.