One of Young Living’s most popular products, and an essential oil that has been celebrated across the world throughout history, Lavender offers a relaxing and refreshing scent that is particularly calming when used during baths and bedtime routines. While the Romans used it in their baths to enjoy its cleansing qualities, today, Lavender essential oil is typically used as part of a bedtime routine, to provide a cooling effect on sun exposed skin, and to provide a calming aroma for the mind, body, and soul during massages.
Young Living’s Lavender oil is particularly special, as it is cultivated, grown, harvested, and distilled from the flowering tops of the lavender plants at Young Living’s Simiane-la-Rotonde Farm in Provence alongside two additional farms in the USA. The steam distillation process for Young Living’s Lavender oil follows the company’s Seed to Seal® guidelines, and in order to make just one 15 ml bottle of pure Lavender essential oil, it takes 27 square metres of lavender plants. Thanks to the endless versatility of this sweetly fragranced oil, we think the work is certainly worth it.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
Only available for registered Brand Partners. Please enroll or login to the Virtual Office to purchase.
* Prices do not show with VAT when logged out. Price with VAT depending on your country will display once you log in.
GLUTEN FREE INGREDIENTS
How To Use Lavender Essential Oil
Apply to desired area. In case of sensitivity, dilute 5 drops in 15 ml of Young Living V-6®.
- Beauty: Add a few drops to your favourite lotions and skincare products.
- Bath: Add 4 drops of Lavender and 1 cup of Epsom salts into a warm bath.
- Massage: Dilute with a carrier oil of your choice for an easy evening massage.
- Perfume: Add to your pulse points and neckline for a floral fragrance.
Who should use Lavender essential oil?
- Those looking to support their normal sleep routine with a sweet bedtime fragrance.
- Those in search of an essential oil to complement their favourite shampoos, lotions, and skincare products.
- Those wishing to wear a fresh and floral fragrance as a DIY perfume.
Lavender is deservingly one of history’s most celebrated and versatile essential oils. Steam distilled from Lavandula angustifolia, a perennial, bushy shrub with a flowery top, Lavender essential oil is used today to cleanse, support your bedtime routine and provide a calming fragrance in stressful atmospheres. Historically, while Greeks used lavender as a perfume, Romans used it in their baths and Egyptians added it as an ingredient in incense. Lavender is also well loved as it is a particularly gentle essential oil and can be applied topically with or without dilution via a carrier oil.
Young Living farms stand apart in the essential oil industry and set the standard for distilling essential oils. That’s why our essential oil farms play such an integral role in our Seed to Seal® promise, which commits us to providing pure, potent essential oils to homes across the world. We’ve invested unprecedented time and resources to ensure that these standards are at each of our global farms, partner farms and Seed to Seal-certified suppliers, so your home and family gets the very best nature has to offer. The result? A pristine final product that you know has been created with conscientious Sourcing, Science, and Standards—the three pillars of Seed to Seal.
- Latin Name: Lavandula angustifolia
- Family Name: Lamiaceae (Mints)
- Growing Region: Native to western Mediterranean regions
- Plant Part Used: Flowering tops
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Discover More About Lavender Essential Oil
Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.