Basil+ essential oil has a sweet, warm scent and flavour. Like the well-loved herb, this versatile oil adds a sweet, peppery flavour to any meal. Found in a variety of dishes, basil is considered a kitchen staple. Young Living’s Basil+ essential oil pairs well with savoury foods, and is the perfect flavouring for sauces, breads, soups, chicken, or seafood. Found in many Italian and Asian dishes, it can also be added to lemonade or tea to give it a hint of sweetness.
With Basil+ essential oil, you’ll get a brighter flavour than dried herbs without having to have fresh herbs on hand. If you want a lighter basil flavour in your dishes, dip a toothpick in the oil and swirl it in your preparations.
- Add it to your favourite pasta sauce recipe along with Oregano+ for flavour and depth.
- Use it in custom salad dressings or vinaigrettes.
- Boil pasta noodles in basil-infused water for a subtle flavour.
- Mix with a mild tea, such as chamomile. Add a dash of honey to sweeten the experience.
- Make Spinach Pesto in minutes: In a small skillet, heat ½ cup pine nuts over medium heat until lightly golden. Add them to a food processor along with 1 large bunch of spinach (2-3 cups), 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese, ½ cup of olive oil, and 2 tsp. of garlic, minced. Pulse until evenly pureed. Scrape sides and continue pulsing until smooth. Pour the pesto into a glass bowl. Add additional olive oil until desired consistency is reached. Stir in a squeeze of lemon and 1 drop of Basil Vitality oil. Dip your favourite fresh bread or pita into it or spread it on a homemade pizza. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out our blog for more tips and recipes on cooking with essential oils.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
These products are only available to purchase by Young Living members. To become a Young Living member click on the "Become a Member" link at the top of this page.
* All prices shown include VAT. Shipping charges not included.