The warm, woodsy aroma of Sandalwood essential oil is a favorite of spas, perfumers, and yogis. In fact, we love it so much that we have two varieties available: Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood and Sacred Sandalwood.
Why not settle for one Sandalwood and call it good? Because these two sweetly scented oils are more like cousins than clones. Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood and Sacred Sandalwood are similar, but each has a unique origin and aroma that makes it ideal for certain uses!
Check out the differences between them and find out why you’re going to want both in your collection.
Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood
Where Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood comes from?
Santalum paniculatum from the Kona Sandalwood Reforestation Project on the Big Island of Hawaii. This oil is harvested only from dead or dying sandalwood in order to preserve the ecological balance and maintain respect for the sacred land. Harvesting occurs when a tree reaches the end of its natural life, which also happens to be when the highest percentage of oil is found.
Sweet, woodsy, and bright.
How to use Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood
- Infuse 1 cup of Epsom salt with 10 drops of Royal Hawaiian Sandalwood to turn your bathub into your personal spa.
- Unwind at the end of the day with a few drops of this gentle scent in a massage oil.
- Inspire feelings of spiritual connection before and after moments of quiet contemplation by holding the bottle to your nose and inhaling deeply.
- Imagine yourself on sunny shores as you diffuse in your car during your commute, after school pickup, or running errands.
Where Sacred Sandalwood comes from?
Santalum album transplanted from its native India to the Down Under Sandalwood Farm in Australia.
Warm, sultry, and soft
How to use Sacred Sandalwood
- Inspire passion by using Sacred Sandalwood as an elegant personal fragrance. Apply it on your wrists or over your heart.
- Add a drop or two of this precious oil to your daily moisturizer to promote radiant-looking skin.
- Incorporate the aroma into your stretching routine or morning yoga to invoke a greater sense of connection with the earth.
- Diffuse Sacred Sandalwood to invoke a feeling of confidence.