Sage emits a strong, spicy, clarifying, and uplifting aroma when diffused. It has been used traditionally for its clarifying properties and abilility to strenthen the senses.
In Aromatherapy can be used topically:
- to relieve minor skin irritation, cuts, bruises & burns.
- or inhaled can act as a nervine and calmative which enhances relaxation.
- to help relieve joint or muscle pain associated with sprains, strains & rheumatoid arthritis.
- when experiencing digestive discomfort can act as a carminative and antispasmodic.
- or inhaled to reduce the symptoms of cold & cough.