The results are in for the YL Einkorn Cook-Off!
Jump to recipe
The competition was outstanding, but in the end there could be only…three! We received such an overwhelming number of delectable entries that the judges decided to pick three finalists and a three-way tie for first place.
- Kimberly Swedberg, Einkorn Breakfast Cookies
- Christie Egerton, Pasta Primo Perfect in Veggie Sauce
- Heidi Ellis, Einkorn Biscuits
- Kathleen Campbell, Einkorn-Lemon NingXia Sandwich Cookies
- Kari Lewis, Parmesan Basil Farmhouse Crackers
- Sara Thomas, Easy Cheesy Breadsticks
All recipes are listed in full below.
The first-place winners will receive $100 in Young Living product credit, an autographed edition of the official Young Living Cookbook, and a commemorative apron!
Thank you to all who participated. Your enthusiasm, passion, and creativity was evident in your superlative recipes. To see more Young Living recipes, check out our cookbook: https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/from-our-fields-to-your-table-cookbook.
First-Place Winner Recipes:
Einkorn Breakfast Cookies Recipe By Kimberly Swedberg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, then fold in add-ins. Drop dough by spoonful onto cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10–12 minutes.
- Cool cookies and enjoy for a quick on-the-go breakfast. Cookies can be frozen.
Download the Einkorn Breakfast Cookies Printable Recipe Card here.
Pasta Primo Perfect in Veggie Sauce Recipe By Christie Egerton
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup red or sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package Gary's True Grit™ Einkorn Spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese, grated for topping
- Sauté vegetables and garlic in ¼–⅓ cup grape seed oil until vegetables are cooked but still slightly crisp.
- Puree in blender.
- Serve over Gary's True Grit Einkorn Spaghetti, prepared as directed on package.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Download the Pasta Primo Perfect in Veggie Sauce Printable Recipe Card here.
Einkorn Biscuits Recipe By Heidi Ellis
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add butter and use a pastry cutter to break into small pieces as quickly as possible so butter does not melt. Mixture should resemble coarse meal.
- Add honey to milk and mix thoroughly. Gradually stir milk mixture into flour mixture, until dough pulls away from side of bowl.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead 10–15 times. Roll out dough into a 1-inch thick sheet and cut with a cookie cutter or large upside-down glass. Repeat until all dough is used.
- Brush off the excess flour and place biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 13–15 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
Download the Einkorn Biscuits Printable Recipe Card here.
Einkorn-Lemon NingXia Sandwich Cookies Recipe By Kathleen Campbell
4 hours, 20 minutes
4 hours, 20 minutes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons NingXia Red®
- ½ teaspoon red beet powder
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons powdered stevia
- 3 tablespoons organic powdered evaporated cane juice crystals (optional)
- 2 drops Lemon Vitality™, as desired (optional)
- Cream butter and honey. Add the other ingredients, adding the flour last, and mix until all ingredients are blended well. Cover and chill dough 3–4 hours before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 370°F. Roll out dough ⅓ inch thick and cut evenly. Bake approximately 8–10 minutes or until the edges are just starting to brown. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and NingXia Red in a large bowl with a hand mixer until blended. Add red beet powder coloring to your desired shade. Separately mix milk powder, cornstarch, and stevia until well blended. Add to cream cheese mixture gradually, beating after each addition, until blended.
- Put a dollop of filling on a cooled lemon cookie and place another cookie on top. Smooth edges if filling comes out. Refrigerate until served.
- Optional: Place organic powdered evaporated cane juice crystals in a sealable plastic bag. Add Lemon Vitality in the bag, close it, and shake it. Sift mixture on top of the cookies.
Download the Einkorn–Lemon NingXia Sandwich Cookies Printable Recipe Card here.
Parmesan Basil Farmhouse Crackers By Kari Lewis
- 1½ cup Gary’s True Grit™ Einkorn Flour
- 1½ teaspoons cream of tartar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1–2 tablespoons dried basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup water
- 1–2 drops Basil Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons organic evaporated cane juice crystals
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine first six ingredients and mix well. Add oil and stir until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add water and Basil Vitality and stir until a soft dough forms.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, cane juice crystals, and vinegar. Set aside.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out very thin. Brush with egg mixture. Use cookie cutters to make any cracker shape you like or cut into squares with a paring knife. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, depending on size and thickness of your crackers, then broil until lightly browned.
- Store in an airtight container. If the crackers pick up moisture and lose their crispness, just bake them briefly in a 250°F oven for a few minutes.
Download the Parmesan-Basil Farmhouse Crackers Printable Recipe Card here.
Easy Cheesy Breadsticks Recipe By Sara Thomas
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. With two butter knives, cut in the solid coconut oil, mixing evenly. Add cheese and garlic, stirring thoroughly.
- Add cold water to beaten egg. Add essential oils to egg mixture.
- Make a crater in the center of the dry mixture and pour the egg mixture into the hole.
- Stir until a dough ball forms. Knead about 1 minute. Place on a floured board and roll into a rectangle shape, about 10x6 inches and about ½ inch thick. Use additional flour as needed.
- Parallel to the long edge, cut into 1 inch-thick strips. Gently twist two strips together into a braid. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle coarse salt on top of braids. Allow to cool before handling.
Download the Easy Cheesy Breadsticks Printable Recipe Card here.
Which recipes are you most excited to try? Ones that utilize the Einkorn Spaghetti or Einkorn Berries? Let us know in the comments.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!