Everyday pressure can come from any part of your life—work, relationships, errands, school. This means that people from every walk of life look to better understand how to be happy and how to handle daily ups and downs. Naturally, Young Living believes that essential oils are part of the solution! We love to use empowering essential oils and calming techniques to find harmony in the many situations adults and children face every day. Find your best strategy with help from our favorite oils and tricks!
Before you jump into our tips, get a refresher on the best ways to use essential oils. Some of our easiest usage tips for topical and aromatic oils include:
- Gently rubbing oil between your hands and taking deep breaths while cupping your hands close to your nose.
- Applying oil to the nape of your neck or to pulse points, such as your wrists or temples.
- Diffusing oil in your space, whether at home, in the office, or in the car.
- Placing a few drops on a tissue or cloth and using for inhalation.
Hit every red light on your morning commute? Find a passive-aggressive email in your inbox? Some days it feels like nothing is going right, and other days you simply wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Whatever the source of your frustration, take a minute to refocus and realign with these ideas.
Our favorite oils for irritability:
- Stress Away™: Unwind with this relaxing and comforting aroma.
- Forgiveness™: Forgive yourself and others with a scent that invites you to release negative emotions.
- Release™: Let go of anger and frustration and promote balance with this rich, grounding aroma.
- Give yourself a 10-minute “time out” to wind down and refocus.
- Call a close friend or family member and talk it out.
- Take care of your basic needs. A quick nap or snack can do wonders when it comes to moodiness from lack of sleep or food.
- Get away for a minute with a book break, nature walk, or dance session with your favorite jam.
- Practice a positive affirmation: I am loving and forgiving.
Some days you just don’t feel like yourself. Whether you know the cause—an unexpected breakup or unresolved argument—or you’re simply stuck in a rut, being proactive about your feelings can help you take control. Try on some of the suggestions below and speak with a trusted friend to work through your emotions.
Our favorite oils for feeling stuck:
- Sacred Mountain™: Promote feelings of strength, empowerment, grounding, and protection with this earthy aroma.
- Tangerine or Grapefruit: Uplift your day with a bright, cheery aroma.
- Hope™: Restore your faith and reconnect with strength and stability with this grounding aroma.
- Focus on your self-care. Check out our printable self-care calendar and update the days to fit the current month.
- Give yourself a treat with a relaxing night in.
- Write it out. Journal about your feelings, create a gratitude list, or write a thoughtful card to someone you’re grateful for.
- Practice a positive affirmation: I choose and deserve to be happy.
Between bills to pay, permission slips to sign, cupboards to fill, and texts to respond to, it’s no surprise you sometimes feel like there are too many tabs open in your computer and in your mind. In the midst of the chaos, take a moment to center your life with the ideas below.
Our favorite oils for feeling overwhelmed:
- Transformation™: Surround yourself with a scent that helps you replace negative beliefs with uplifting thoughts.
- Peace & Calming II™: Harness your positive energy with this relaxing and comforting aroma.
- Grounding™: Diffuse this scent to enhance spirituality or encourage feelings of clarity.
- Focus on mindfulness and the present moment with a breathing exercise.
- Practice the art of delegation.
- Remember to let yourself say “no” to some things.
- Prioritize your to-do list. Once you know what’s most important, you’ll feel empowered to get started.
- Practice a positive affirmation: I let go of feeling overwhelmed so I can see clearly.
What’s your favorite oil or practice that helps you manage your day? Let us know in the comments below!