I love ice cream—especially homemade ice cream. Knowing my love for this generally unhealthy treat, I decided to experiment with a healthier option using Young Living products.
Try this delicious recipe for NingXia Red Sherbet:
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 ¾ cups NingXia Red®
- ¾ cup Young Living Yacon Syrup (may also substitute with Blue Agave or 15 drops Stevia Extract)
- 4 drops Tangerine essential oil (may substitute with other citrus essential oils)
- 6 Life 5™ capsules (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup chopped Ningxia wolfberries (optional)
Mix together almond milk, NingXia Red, Yacon Syrup, Tangerine essential oil, and vanilla extract. If desired, open Life 5 capsules and add to the mix. Add ingredients to an ice cream or yogurt maker. Add the fruit halfway through the freezing process or when serving (this keeps the fruit from freezing solid). I also like to soak the wolfberries in NingXia Red to make them juicier.
Please leave a comment with your thoughts or with any suggested modifications.
—Ryan Seely, YL Product Marketing Manager