I find myself indulging in a variety of ethnic cuisine after the holidays. I suppose it is an attempt to relieve my taste buds of all the traditional seasonal fare and continue the celebratory mood for as long as I can. The restaurant industry, especially Italian and Mexican cafes, is filled with patrons escaping from their own kitchens. This makes New Year’s resolutions to eat healthy a challenge when January arrives. A sense of dread hovers like a cloud as all gear up to return to a more healthy routine and say goodbye to the holiday parties. This transition between feasting to sensible living has become easier for me by incorporating raw cuisine.
Chipotle Party Pepper Poppers are made in a non-traditional way to keep health and taste as the primary focus. In these explosive bites, nut-based creams substitute dairy, while slow dehydration replaces fried techniques with saturated oils. In addition, Young Living’s black pepper, oregano, and lemon essential oils promote cleansing and add a Mexican flair. Plus Young Living’s Life 5™ probiotic adds live culture to the cheese and sour cream! As we drag out the festive atmosphere, make these healthy hors d’oeuvres to heat up wintertime blues. May the year 2011 encourage exploration into raw healthy cuisine incorporating Young Living essential oils to liven flavor and energy. May all return to normal schedules and healthful choices with peace and joy.
Until next post: February’s Lemon Cheesecake and Lavender Chocolate Sauce
Happy Guilt-Free Eating!
Chipotle Pepper Cheese
1. 1 c. (6 oz.) pine nuts, soaked 2 hours
2. 1/3 c. filtered water
3. 1 dried chipotle pepper, soaked, or 1/4 tsp. chipotle powder
4. 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
5. 1 tsp. Frontier Mexican Fiesta Seasoning
6. 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
7. 3/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
8. 2 capsules Life 5, powder only
9. 4 drops YLTG black pepper essential oil
This component is best made ahead to blend the cheese flavors. Drain and rinse pine nuts. Combine all ingredients in a Vita Mix and blend until creamy. Refrigerate while preparing the next components.
Oregano Party Pepper
1. 12 baby sweet peppers or red jalapeño peppers
2. 1/3 c. cold, pressed olive oil
3. 2 Tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
4. 1 Tbsp. Frontier Mexican Fiesta Seasoning
5. 1 tsp. raw creamy honey
6. 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
7. 3 drops YLTG oregano essential oil
Slice peppers in half lengthwise with stems on peppers and set aside. Combine next ingredients and coat peppers. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
Chili Almond Crust
1. 1 c. almonds, soaked and dried
2. ¼ c. flax meal
3. 1 tsp. Frontier Mexican Fiesta Seasoning
4. ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
Process ingredients in a food processor until meal consistency and remove to a shallow bowl for dusting. Fill the cavity of each party pepper with Chipotle Pepper Cheese. Cover pepper with crust and dehydrate on solid sheets at 105° Fahrenheit for 1–6 hours.
Lemon Sour Cream
1. 1 c. cashews, soaked 2 hours
2. 1/3 c. filtered water
3. 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
4. ½ tsp. ground cumin
5. ½ tsp. Himalayan salt
6. 2 capsules Life 5, powder only
7. 3 drops YLTG lemon essential oil
Blend all ingredients until smooth. Chill until ready to drizzle over poppers.