It’s no secret that hydration is key in the summer, not only for your body, but also for your hair! While warmer temperatures bring fun in the sun, time spent at the beach, park, or just outdoors also brings more of the drying damage that can stress your tresses. Moisture is the key—and healthy moisture will do wonders for your locks and your well-being. So if you haven’t tried Young Living’s new Copaiba Vanilla Shampoo and Conditioner, now is the time!
No matter what type of hair you have, these new Young Living products will provide you with extra moisture over the summer months. The copaiba and vanilla essential oils will promote healthy strands and scalp, as well as provide the therapeutic benefit to mind and body of using pure essential oils for your personal care.
Other tips to help take care of you and your hair this summer:
- Avoid taking hot showers or washing your hair in hot water. Use warm or cool water instead. Too much heat can dry out or damage your hair and skin.
- Chlorine causes severe dryness to your hair. Before you go swimming, dampen your hair to reduce the absorption of chlorine. Shampoo as soon as possible after swimming to get the residue and chlorine out of your hair. Lavender Mint Cleansing Shampoo is a great, invigorating shampoo to choose to get rid of the residue and refresh your senses.
- Keep a straw hat, cap, or scarf on hand as a fashionable skin and hair saver. Just like your skin, your hair and scalp feel the sun’s damaging rays.
- Try shampooing your hair less often. Skipping a shampoo day in the summer is great for your hair IF you aren’t swimming or doing activities that are taxing your tresses. Young Living’s LavaDerm™ Cooling Mist is a great refresher for your hair and your skin on days when your hair may not need the full shampoo treatment.
- Avoid using additional heat on your hair when possible. If you can’t avoid your dryer or your flat iron, just make sure to condition your hair before using.
The more you do to keep your hair strong through the summer months, the less time you’ll spend in the fall repairing the damage. Keep in mind that the new Lavender Mint and Copaiba Vanilla shampoos and conditioners are not only natural and effective, but are also 100-percent biodegradable. These new products are great to take with you to the beach, to the campsite, or anywhere your travels take you. You can keep your hair healthy and treat the environment well, too!
I’d love to hear how you’ve used our new hair-care products and any additional tips or tricks you have for keeping your hair healthy through the summer!
—Rebecca Jarvis, Essential Living Product Manager