The other day I was talking to some old acquaintances, who asked me what I do for a living. When I said that I work for Young Living Essential Oils, the questions started pouring in. The one question they asked that stuck in my mind was, “What exactly can you do with essential oils?” The obvious answers are to diffuse them, take some internally, and apply some topically. However, I started thinking that maybe it is better to have more specific uses for essential oils and everyday ways to experience their therapeutic benefits. Because of this, I would like to dedicate time to new ideas each month on the product blog.
Earlier this week I shared a recipe from one of our distributors that was sure to bring good health to your dinner table using essential oils.
Today I’d like to share something a little different. Here’s a simple alternative to store-bought shaving cream with a Young Living twist that will keep your skin smooth and hydrated.
Easy Homemade Shaving Cream
What You Need:
• 2 tablespoons V-6™ Vegetable Oil Complex
• 2 drops cedarwood essential oil
• 2 drops lavender essential oil
• 1 drop lime essential oil
• Mix the cedarwood, lavender, and lime essential oils in a bowl.
• Add the V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex and stir.
• Add the conditioner of choice to the mixture and whip it until it is light and creamy.
• Gently apply to your face, legs, or other areas and begin shaving.
The beauty of this recipe is that you can substitute a wide array of oils for your own personal needs.
Enjoy—and please share your experience below.
Marco Colindres III—YL Product Marketing Manager