Can we take a moment to clear the air? Bathroom odors can be legit stinky. Sometimes there’s no way around making your business somebody else’s business—until now.
Stop bathroom odors before they get embarrassing with our DIY bathroom spray. Whether you’re home alone, sharing a hotel room, or hosting a dinner party, spritz this toilet spray before you go to block those bowl-bouncing odors.
*We used Lavender and Eucalyptus Radiata, but feel free to mix and match your favorite scents. For more ideas, check out our list at the end of this post.
How to make DIY bathroom spray
1. Combine essential oils and vegetable glycerin in spray bottle.
2. Add rubbing alcohol and Thieves Household Cleaner; mix well.
3. Fill to the top with distilled water.
4. Shake well until thoroughly combined.
1. Shake well before using to make sure oils are fully incorporated.
2. Spray 3-6 times into the toilet bowl before you go.
3. Do your business and flush as usual.
Know before you go
You can bet your bottom dollar there’s science behind this smell stopper! The ingredients in our DIY toilet spray create a barrier on the surface of the water, so odors can’t break free. Vegetable glycerin and rubbing alcohol act as stabilizers to help the essential oils and water mix. Thieves Household Cleaner’s gentle surfactant—that’s fancy for “substance that reduces the surface tension of a liquid”—helps keep the toilet bowl clean and acts as a second line of defense against stray smells.
Next time you answer nature’s call, prep the potty with our homemade version of the popular toilet spray.You’ll block bothersome bathroom odors faster than you can say, “Fresh as a daisy!”