Oh, peppy, perfect Peppermint—how we adore you! Peppermint essential oil, one of the most recognizable and well-rounded of all the essential oils, is (no exaggeration intended) life changing! When used sunup to sundown, in crisp diffuser blends in the morning, as part of a muscle-soothing bath at night, and a million more ways throughout the day, you’ll see why Peppermint oil deserves every drop of your adoration.
Get to know Peppermint—a multipurpose, cooling wonder with so many benefits you may lose count!
Fresh and family-focused
Within the Mentha genus, Peppermint, or Mentha piperita, has some strong family ties. Our favorite cousin of this classic oil? Spearmint essential oil, or Mentha spicata! With a similar yet slightly sweeter scent, Spearmint is simply another reason to love every minty oil that crosses your path.
Varied and versatile
What is Peppermint essential oil used for? Here’s an easier question: What is Peppermint not used for? Want to add a little zip to DIY home cleaners? Peppermint’s got your back! Dying to relax with a tingly scalp massage? You know which oil you need. Looking to infuse any room with a bit of chipper cheer? Peppermint, please! You’ll find no end to the things that Peppermint can do.
Crisp and cool
There’s a reason the words fresh, cool, and tingly come to mind when thinking of Peppermint. Constituents like menthol and menthyl acetate cause a cooling sensation when applied topically or inhaled. Since it’s a favorite when it comes to soothing sore muscles, our highly concentrated Peppermint essential oil is found in products like Cool Azul™ Pain Relief Cream and Ortho Ease® Massage Oil.
A real go-getter
If nothing else, Peppermint should be the first thing you reach for each sunrise. This brisk scent is commonly used to bring a focused and clarifying aroma, so adding a few drops of this oil to your diffuser in the morning will have you crossing off your to-dos and chasing down your dreams in no time.
Peppermint essential oil uses
Need more reasons to fuel a Peppermint obsession? Here’s six!
- A crisp and clean kitchen: Put 1 drop of Peppermint on a damp cloth and wipe down counters to make your cooking space smell all brand new.
- A pampered pedicure: Create an at-home pedi by adding 2 drops of Peppermint to a quarter-sized amount of your favorite foot cream and giving yourself a well-deserved massage.
- A time of tranquility: Soothe head tension by making this easy roll-on and applying it to neck and temples.
- A delectable drink or dessert: Add a couple drops of Peppermint Vitality™ oil to your water or get creative in the kitchen with minty baked goods.
- A sweet little soak: Mix 1 cup Epsom salt with 5 drops Peppermint, 5 drops Spearmint, and 5 drops Lemongrass for a luxurious bath. Use up to 1/3 cup of bath salts at a time.
- A dreamy diffuser blend: Get lost in the sweet scents of this essential oil mix by combining Peppermint, Valor®, and Lemon.
Hi Debbie! In compliance with FDA regulations, our essential oils display labels that distinguish the products intended as a dietary supplement and those intended to be used for topical/aromatic use. This labeling does not reflect any changes to the constituents or benefits of our essential oils. With that being said the Vitality™ line of oils is the same 100% therapeutic-grade essential oils for which Young Living® has become known. The Vitality™ line has been created so that members can now draw clear distinction between topical/aromatic use and dietary use. Thanks for stopping by!
Hello Debbie! The only difference between the two bottles is the amount of oil that comes in them. In the 15 mil bottle, you get 15 mil of peppermint oil and in the 5 mil bottle, you get 5 mil of peppermint oil. Let us know if you have any more questions. Thanks for stopping by!
Hi Dick! There are many opinions regarding the most effective way to use essential oils. Our research indicates that cold diffusing oils is better than using essential oils in any burners or warmers, because oils do not retain their beneficial properties if heated to their flash point. Great question, thanks for stopping by!