Chaotic mornings often lead us to either wolf down an unhealthy breakfast or skip the meal altogether, but neither will give your body the pep you need to make it through your day! In my last post, I shared a few tips to support energy and mental focus throughout the day, and today I offer my final suggestion—a delicious and fortifying morning meal, so you can start off on the right foot.
To create a recipe that is low in gluten and provides both fiber and protein, I have integrated Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Spaghetti into a savory breakfast. You can cook fresh spaghetti or use leftover spaghetti from a previous meal.
½ box of Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Spaghetti, precooked
2 handfuls of organic baby spinach
5 cloves roasted garlic, chopped
¾ cup chicken stock
3–4 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon ground flax
4 drops Basil Essential Oil
3 drops Lemon Essential Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine garlic, flaxseed, olive oil, and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Add spinach and tomatoes to saucepan and cook until tomatoes become tender.
- Drop Basil and Lemon essential oils into the pan and mix thoroughly.*
- Place the cooked spaghetti directly into the pan and stir until all the pasta has been integrated into the sauce. Once pasta becomes warm, remove from heat.
- In a separate pan, cook eggs as desired (over easy or poached is recommended). Divide pasta onto two plates and place the eggs on top of each serving.
We would love to hear how you have incorporated the new Einkorn products into your favorite recipes. Leave us a comment and share your newest meal idea with us!
In our last blog post, we challenged members to share their tips for staying sharp during the back-to-school season. Our randomly selected winners are: CassieK, Distributor; Sammye L., Senior Star; and Linda D., Distributor. Congratulations and thanks to everyone who participated!
—Blair Lloyd, Young Living International and Portfolio Brand Associate
* Although heating essential oils may diminish their beneficial properties, the oils used in this recipe are for flavor only. If desired, you may add the essential oils after the spaghetti is already warmed.