Young Living Gold Distributor
Massage Therapy and Essential Oils
Touch, body work, and massage have many positive effects on the muscle, joint, circulatory, and other body systems, and when combined with massage essential oils create a relaxing, luxurious experience that balances the mind, body, and spirit.
Offering only the purest, most potent natural properties from each plant source, Young Living Therapeutic Grade™ (YLTG) essential oils contain the optimum level of therapeutic constituents for the most beneficial massage results.
Massage Therapy for Improved Health and Wellness
Massage therapy—the treatment and practice of soft tissue manipulation with physical, functional, and psychological goals—involves massaging a person's body in a way that increases overall wellness. Targeted pressure on the body is usually applied with hands and elbows and is said to have numerous health benefits.
Massage therapy dates back more than 3,000 years. Used by the Chinese, Hindus, Egyptians, Persians, and ancient Greeks, the therapeutic benefits of various types of massage have been documented for centuries.
The Science of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy has been shown to have a wide array of benefits. From anxiety reduction and pain relief to improved circulation, the therapeutic effects of touch promote all aspects of wellness. Essential oils further support the benefits of massage therapy by enabling targeted aromatic and topical relief. Certain oil collections, like Young Living's Raindrop Technique®, combine the art of aromatherapy with the techniques of Vita Flex—rolling and releasing motions that activate the reflex points—and massage.
Topical application of these specific oils to various areas of the body brings balance and harmony while fostering a truly holistic wellness experience. Here are some commonly used techniques for self-massage:
Head massage: Rub essential oils into the base of the skull, the crown of the head, or on the temples in a circular motion.
Face massage: Place a few drops of essential oils onto your hands and rub them together. Lightly cup your face in your hands; the warmth of your hands and aroma of the oils will aid in relaxation.
Jaw massage: Rub 1–2 drops of oil into the soft spot just below your ear lobe to release tension.
Torso massage: For a quick energy boost rub oils into the area above the kidneys.
Foot massage: There are many pressure points in the feet that correspond to other body systems. Rubbing the soles of the feet with essential oils is a great way to release tension.
Young Living's Most Popular Products for Massage Therapy
- Raindrop® Technique: Combines the art of aromatherapy with the techniques of Vita Flex and massage.
- Valor®: Empowering combination of therapeutic-grade essential oils that works with both the physical and spiritual aspects of the body.
- Peppermint: Excellent for relaxing tense muscles.
- Lavender: Relaxing oil that is renowned for its skin-enhancing benefits.
- White Angelica™: Helps ward off negative energy.
- Relaxation™ Massage Oil: Promotes relaxation and restores vitality to body, mind, and spirit.
- Sensation Massage™: Can help stimulate romantic feelings.
- Cel-Lite Magic™: Tones and nourishes the skin.
- Ortho Ease®: Soothes and warms tired or stressed bodies.
- Ortho Sport®: Provides relief to tired muscles.
- V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex : Used to dilute essential oils and create custom massage oils.
“After spending three days with my husband in the hospital, my feet were really hurting. I had bunion surgery three months ago on my right foot and three weeks ago on my left foot. Having to be on them more that I should have, they were swollen and painful. I thought of Peace & Calming® oil blend. After massaging it into the bottom of each foot, I could not believe the relief I felt.”
“I am new in the oil business, so I’m experimenting. My husband snores so much that it keeps me awake. So one night we put some peppermint essential oil on his pillow, and low and behold, his snoring just about stopped. Thank you!”